Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dalton is still having trouble at night. He wakes me up now most every night in pain..most often times it will be 3 or 4 times. He's now complaining of pain in his left leg and I just feel like my heart is sinking...I surely hope that it's just him using his left leg more and not the perthes starting up in his left leg as well. That will stink! There won't really be anything that would be done differently, at least I don't think so, but it will just be twice as hard having both legs affected. Please just pray that it's just him overcompensating. He woke up from a nap today crying and pointing to both legs...same place in both legs. :(

In much, much, much happier news....we got a pool!!!!! It's just one of those small Quick Set style pools from Wal-M@rt but it will serve the purpse that we need. We found two places locally that would take Dalton. One was just over $100 a month, the other was $45 but it was about 30 minutes away from where we live. With the cost of the pool that we purchased it would be paid for based on the cost of the other places in just a couple of months. We got the pool on Friday and then yesterday morning Joey decided we should go ahead and get it put in before anymore rain came our way..so my parents and Joey's dad came over to help. We had to get the ground good and level out in the backyard and thankfully Joey's dad has a tractor so it made the work much quicker! We started about 10am and by 4pm we had water starting to fill in the pool! It was complete by about 8pm last night and today after church the boys inhaled their lunch so they could hit the pool. It was quite warm here today..our themometer outside showed 82...but that water was COLD! I don't know how they stood it. They swam on and off until about 4pm this afternoon. Please just pray that the pool will be good therapy for Dalton. Swimming is the absolute best thing that a perthes child can do. The water keeps them weightless so they can freely do whatever they want. Dalton's a pretty good swimmer too so as soon as I can stand to get in the water I am going to work with him to make sure he's really working his legs.










And one happy, happy Dalton!! : )

3 comments:

  1. That is fabulous! He looks soooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I can see that you will get a ton of use and hopefully it will help to improve Dalton's condition! Gotta say that I am soooo jealous, though, that your weather is already allowing a swim! Send some warmth our way!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to freak you out by showing up as a follower of your son, and I can't figure out how to send you a message other than to comment on your picture. (Not much of a blogger before!) My son (age 6) has received a preliminary diagnosis of legg perthes, and we see a pede ortho next week. I live in Macon, Georgia, and I stumbled on your blog googling for Dr. Beckish, who used to live here and has a daughter my son's age. Your site has been so helpful to me today. I wanted to know what he would recommend, and you have laid out his opinions so well. I hope you don't mind if I follow your journey. Thanks, Sharon (sharon.reeves@jonescork.com)

    ReplyDelete